Other Travel and Trip Planning Resources
Note: we use affiliate links (which mean we get a commission if you make a purchase) when possible.
- We book many of our hotels on Hotels.com. Often, we're visting places not well covered by chains. Having Hotels.com's loyalty program (you get 10% back on every 10 hotel stays as a "free night" you can use for a future booking) is a plus. Most hotels have free cancellation.
- Booking.com seems to have better coverage in some regions -- e.g., Europe and South America. It also has great coverage of bed and breakfasts.
- If we need to try something on -- or need at last minute -- we'll go to REI. We can't always justify paying their prices, though.
- For online ordering, we typically buy from Moosejaw. They have competitive, a pretty good rewards program, free shipping over a certain value or with Shoprunner, and, for better or for worse, I enjoy their marketing materials.
- We'll admit that we buy a lot of our outdoor gear and consumables on Amazon.